Script for tuning squid fine.

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:22:29 +0200 (EEST)

Hello everybody,

as I announced several days ago I have been working on the script gathering
different information necessary to tune fine the squid and the hierarchy.
The tool in ready now for public and is available at:

   http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/w3cache/squeezer.pl.gz

 The program is a PERL script, which takes the Squid native log files and
extracts various statistics from them. These statistics are useful
for improving squid's performance by adjusting memory, refresh patterns and
hierarchy relations. It gives you the preview of different web traffic profiles.
It is also useful for reporting web cache servers efficiency to yor bosses ;)

 I'm currently working on strict checking out the refresh pattern and their
efficiency. Update could be expected soon. Please, email me your suggestions
and questions directly. I would like to know your opinion about my work.

Regards,
Maciej

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about