Re: linux and ipchains

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:43:11 -0400

> I don't like the odds of what you're trying to do. I believe it is
> actually _possible_ but I don't believe it is possible without creating
> specific and Evil(tm) tools..(Simplest would be a kernel module...the
> only other alternative I can think of would be to use something like
> Zebra, and write a special daemon to whisk interfaces around on the fly.
> Unsatisfactory, IMO)

> (who does not know everything under the sun)

Hello,

Well, I have solved my problem, and this without the doomsday method of
the gentleman that answered my email. Using IPChains, I simply set up a
rule with the concerned servers with the RETURN statement, which drops
the packets out of the rules before they hit the REDIRECT line. They
then get forwarded and treated as a direct connection.

Thanks again,

Chris Conn