Re: linux and ipchains

From: Chris Conn <cconn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:46:02 -0400

> Yes, but then will it bypass the cache as well. What you do is to insert
> a matching accept rule ahead of the redirection rule.
>
> It is however possible to do slight modifications to both Squid and
> Linux to allow Squid to use the IP address of the requestor, but you
> need to be very careful with your routing when doing such things.. More
> information available on request to people with good knowledge of TCP/IP
> routing and not afraid of coding C or modifying their kernel.

Hi,

Actually, bypassing the cache is exactly what I wish to do. In the case
mentioned I want absolutely no interaction with the cache since these
are locally-managed servers and bandwith/load is not an issue.

However, I would be interested for personal benifit to read about these
modifications. In the future it could be a useful feature. Where can
this be found?

Sincerely,

Chris