Re: A couple URL problems...

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:34:50 +0200

At 06:47 PM 6/16/99 -1000, Clifton Royston wrote:
>Hi, all:

[...]

> If I bypass the proxy, this actually works. I'm assuming that the
>spaces in the URL are not valid HTTP, though I haven't checked the
>RFCs, but it looks like I may need to work around this if multiple web
>sites are doing the same thing, broken or not.

Your assumption about the spaces is correct. Many of these sites are not
designed by engineers but by designers and they probably work WinXX. If they
had ever used a commandline tool they would stay away from spaces.

Anyway look for uri_whitespace in squid.conf and set it to encode. This will
"escape" spaces they way it should. The www-server will understand.

> Comments or suggestions?
> -- Clifton
>

>--
> Clifton Royston -- LavaNet Systems Architect -- cliftonr@lava.net
> "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.
> But no man is strong enough to have no interest.
> Therefore the best king would be Pure Chance.
> It is Pure Chance that rules the Universe;
> therefore, and only therefore, life is good." - AC

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm

       === Ultimate office automation: networked coffee. ===