Real Performance Issues

From: Rob Merkwitza <support@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:34:24 +0930

Hi,

I am running SQUID 2.1 Release on a Sun Ultra 5 with 2 x 20mb/sec 8 Gig
drives, 256Mb Ram. I am using IPNAT to redirect traffice from port 80 to
8080 and forcing users via my RAS to use the proxy. The problem is when I
have around 100-150 users accessing the system it works great but as soon
as it gets over 160 and up to 240 users access through the proxy is
shocking. Pages time out and any access is slow. I have looked and looked
and played with all aspects of the Squid.conf file but nothing seems to
help. I am sure there are people out there running a larger user base
through their proxy that I do? Can anyone help?

Cheers,,
Rob.
Regards,

Rob Merkwitza