Re: SQUID and RADIUS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 01:41:57 +0000

Heinz Ahrens wrote:

> 1. Can I use Squid with RADIUS to authenticate my users. Does someone
> use the RADIUS-protocol with squid ???

Theoretically yes, but you need to find a piece of sofware which can
communicate with RADIUS. No such module is included in the Squid
distribution. I think there is a RADIUS authentication module available
somewhere, but I don't know where.

If you have a PAM radius module to your system, then I have a PAM aware
authenticator for Squid <http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/> (will be
included in the next Squid version).

> 2. I use squid and proxy_auth. My users can use https without
> authentification: They start netscape and surf to https://www.ccc.de

Then you have configured your access rules to allow CONNECT without
authorization. See the order and contents of your http_access lines.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker