squid squid-2_2_stable3-src_tar and redhat linux 5.2

From: Pete Kuczynski <pkuczyns@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:49:48 -0500

Greetings,
just joined the mail list and had a question after installine squid on a
redhat 5.2 os. After I run /usr.local/squid/bin/RunCache, the squid
proxy user guide tells me that I should cat cache.log, and see something
to the effect of that the squid server is running. But, the log is
blank, and my win 95 machine cannot get to teh internet [netscape3 is
configured on port 3128].
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Pete

Pete Kuczynski
DHL Airways
Field Engineer
pkuczyns@us.dhl.com
Corp vm:7845

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix. I
don't
      think that this is a coincidence."