Re: FTP Access

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:53:26 +1000

Kevin Diffily wrote:

> I was able to get the cache files created via ./squid -z, Thanks.
>
> I am now unable to connect to http and ftp through netscape but when
> I try with an FTP Client this does not work.

Do you mean you _can_ get it to work with http and ftp through netscape
and _cannot_ get it to work through an FTP client?

If so, this is correct. Squid can only proxy for a limited number of FTP
clients that communicate to the proxy server in HTTP. In this regard
squid acts as an HTTP/FTP gateway, but NOT as an FTP/FTP proxy.