Re: squid-oe5-hotmail (WebDAV)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 17:28:23 +0000

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> I hope to be able to present something withing the next weeks. Much of
> the basic structure is in place, but I have not yet dared to try to
> fully compile the beast, or even less run it. There are some things left
> to implement, and then probably quite a bit of debugging and collection
> of loose ends before there is something usable.

I got tired of this and instead made a short path using the existing
code. The rewrite is delayed until I find more time.

See my Squid page <http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/> for the two
patches needed to be able to forward WebDAV requests. The patches is
tested by hand and not tested with a real WebDAV client, but Squid now
forwards the requests as it should both with and without request
entities. (my first patch only worked without request entities, Dueanes
patch only works with request entities).

However, note that many WebDAV servers will reject the requests since
Squid isn't HTTP/1.1 yet and thus have to downgrade the HTTP version of
the requests to HTTP/1.0.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker