Re: Sibling Relation

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:40:55 +0000

Kashan Sadiq wrote:

> But I have already configure as u said. But it continuously
> comming TIMEOUT_DIRECT in proxy1.

Do you have more than light traffic? Base Squid version needs a steady
stream of traffic for ICP timeouts to stabilise (the first requests
after some silence is always TIMEOUT). I have some patches to improve
this to not timeout because of low traffic rate. See my Squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>.

Is proxy2 listening for ICP queries at all?

> r u sure that I don't need any udp_outgoing_address opened in Proxy1 or udp_incoming_address in proxy 2.

The udp/tcp_incoming/outgoing_address configuration entries is only
needed when Squid runs on a multihomed server where Squid should not
listen on all interfaces or on a firewall. These are never needed in a
standard setup, and should not be used unless you have very specific
demands.

> Btw I have done this also but it force the proxy to be shut down.

???

> Suppose I succeeded then the message should come UDP_SIBLING_HIT_OBJ?.

I think the appropriate is TCP_MISS with hierarchy log tag
SIBLING_HIT/your.sibling.net

> Could it be a problem of two different versions running on these
> two Proxys.

Don't think so.

--
Henrik Nordstrom