squid features

From: Lawrence R. Mulder <lrm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:38:18 -0400

I was cruising the squid web site, but didn't see the info I was looking for
but was wondering if you could answer a couple of questions about where the
squid project might be going.

If it doesn't already (haven't read that it can) does squid plan on
supporting HTTP 1.1?

Is their planned support for Streaming media caching not just proxying or
tunneling?

Finally, would it be worth it at this point in squid's developement to write
a proprietary database for cache objects and write them to a raw disk
instead of an OS filesystem formated disk?

Basically I would just like to see squid be able to scale up to what some of
the big boys like Inktomi Traffic Server. See
http://www.inktomi.com/products/traffic/

Lawrence Mulder
lrm@ezol.com