Virus Scanning

From: Jordan Mendelson <jordy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:35:04 -0400

Hello there,

I'm taking a look at Unix virus scanners such at McAffee's virus scanner for
Unix which can scan for Win/DOS/Macro viruses and I was thinking to myself that
virus scanning might not be such a bad thing to have for users.

Can anyone think of a way to do it? The real problem I see is that the only way
I can think to warn a user that there is a virus in a particular file is to
download the entire thing first, virus check it, and then issue an HTML warning
since you can't exactly stop the download halfway through when a virus is
detected as users will wonder what's going on.

Has anyone tried this before?

Jordan

--
Jordan Mendelson     : http://jordy.wserv.com