Re: Mega-patch for 2.2.Stable3 + fastest redirector in town

From: Stephen R. van den Berg <srb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 19:15:29 +0200

Chris Tilbury wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 03:09:11PM +0200, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
>> This patch is relative to squid-2.2.Stable3.
>> It is an almost complete snapshot of my production server.

>This sounds fantastic :-).

It only is, if your OS supports mmap() of large files.

>Can I quickly ask. If I run this, are any changes made to the cache store
>that render it unusable should I decide I want to step back to vanilla
>2.2stable3?

The store itself is not affected. The metadata (swaplog) however, *is*.
I probably forgot to mention it, but running with the MMAPSTORE
patch enabled means that the format of the swaplog files changes (rather
drastically).

I.e. either someone needs to write a converter (not really difficult),
or the swaplog file needs to be ditched before switching formats (both
back, and forth).

--
Sincerely,                                                          srb@cuci.nl
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).