RE: banlist doc (Re: Mega-patch for 2.2.Stable3 + fastest redirec tor in town)

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:19:38 -0500

I notice that several of the URLs below are for ads. How are you doing ad
removal? I made an attempt a while back using squirm that worked too well.
I found out that many of the banner adds don't return a simple graphic file,
but they return JavaScript instead, so if I just redirected to a 1x1 blank
pixel GIF, my browser would throw up messages about invalid JavaScript.
Have you encountered this, and if so, how do you get around it?

Thanks,

Jon