Caching of redirected pages

From: Richard Stagg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:53:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi *,

I perform simple authentication through a redirector. If a user is not
authenticated, instead of the page they requested (eg www.cisco.com), they
get redirected to an "enter your username and password here" page.

Now - once they are authenticated, and they request www.cisco.com again,
they _still_ get the username/password page because it is cached.
Obviously, if they request any other page, they get what they asked for.

I'd appreciate any ideas as to how I can redirect to this
username/password page while specifying that it is not to be cached.

Many thanks
Richard Stagg

Richard Stagg
Internet Architect