using a parent cache

From: John Weidley <johnweidley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:00:00 EDT

I have a dual homed linux box that is running squid and is
IP Masqing clients to the internet. All of the clients are
pointing directly at my squid box on the standard squid port
(3128).

Things are working pretty good except that there is a small
problem with the advertisment of our network so we can not
get to a hand full of sites.

What I want to do is setup my squid box so that my internal
clients connect to him (like they already are doing) and then
have the squid box forward ALL requests to another "upstream"
squid box. I have tried the "cache_host" statements but it
looks like those are for Squid V.1 and I am using 2.2.STABLE3.
I also tried using "cache_peer" and I see the clients connecting
to my squid box but my squid box directly out to the requested
site and not the parent cache I inserted with the "cache_peer"
statement.

Thanks
John