Re: ERR_SHUTING_DOWN

From: Scott Hess <scott@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:12:44 -0700

On FreeBSD, if you do shutdown( listenFd, SHUT_RDWR), it will prevent new
connections from getting into the listen queue.

I've used this to modify Apache to add a graceful shutdown option which will
service all current requests, plus all requests in the listen queue. This
works _very_ well with load balancing switches, and we'll be doing the same
thing to squid at some future point when we have multiple squids behind the
switch.

Assuming someone who knows squid better doesn't beat us to it,
scott