Re: 17k selects/s with 5hit/s ?

From: Dirk Moerenhout <dirk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 23:15:28 +0200 (CEST)

The timer on Alpha based systems is about 1024 Hz and Linux on Intel has
100Hz. Aparently something in squid is based on that. So you have 10 times
as much loops on an alpha.

Whatever it is, it should take into account the scheduling frequency. I
haven't got the faintest idea what it is in squid but I'm sure this must
be it as it clearly shows in your figures :-)

Dirk Moerenhout ///// System Administrator ///// Planet Internet NV