Re: anonymous - max users

From: Erik Parker <netmask@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 23:48:23 -0600 (MDT)

Thats what I was thinking.. Just a message saying too many people are
currently usign it..

I added a new filter setup called squidguard today.. and added 15,000
domains and some expressions so that will almost stop all the abuse
from people surfing porn.

Some people don't appreciate what an anonymous proxy stands for, and why
its there. Its not to try and scan people from, or surf porn.. Its for
real surfing and anonimity.. Oh well right?

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Duane Wessels wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Erik Parker wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I run an anonymous proxy server open to the world on proxy.303.org on
> > port 1050, so people can surf without being tracked..
> >
> > Is there a way I can limit the amount of different hosts that access
> > at one time? (without having to implement usernames and passwords and
> > such).
>
> You can't do this out-of-the-box, but it should be possible
> to write something up.
>
> What should happen when the limit is reached? The next host gets
> a nasty error message?
>
> Duane W.

Cheers,
Erik