Bug ??

From: David van Suilichem <davevs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:16:59 +0200

I have just installed Redhat 6.0. I was using gnome and running the disk usage
applet on the panel. Suddenly I noticed that my disk space was decreasing at a
rapid rate. I did a ps and did'nt notice anything unusual but space was now
decreasing at a rate of about 1% every 20 s (on a 4GB partition)??? What now,
its a new installation on a new hard drive!! Hard Disk failure??? A linux virus
??? I rebooted and the system insisted on doing a full fsck... dropped me to a
shell to continue manually. Fixed a couple of errors, then rebooted!! Same
story!! So I started killing processes systematically. When I got to squid, the
problems stopped. I then discovered that squid had a log file of approx 840 MB
and this was growing by the second. Could this be a bug in squid? Anyone
experienced similar problems.

I am running a stock Redhat 6.0 with squid installed and started as per the
Redhat squid 2.2 STABLE rpms.

Cheers

Dave van Suilichem