Re: delay pool not working right?

From: Hiroshi Takata <takata@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:37:54 +0900

On Thu, 01 Jul 1999 13:05:23 +0800
David Luyer <luyer@ucs.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

| > I tried to reduce these figures to slow things more tightly, but it
| > causes frequent timeouts on client browsers. I wonder if it causes
| > problem that I have only one child of the squid proxy, on which I
| > configured delay_pool. Does the aggregate buckets of delay_pool work
| > fine on this condition?
|
| I think you might be running out of file descriptors, but I can't
| be sure from just that info.

Currently, CacheMgr shows:

        Available number of file descriptors: 3951

The figure of 'Largest file desc currently in use:' becomes up to about
1500 on a peek hour (at noon recess), but about 4000 is enough.

I measured contents of traffic going out through router, and it shows
HTTP traffic is 95%, usage of 700k(peak).

--
Hiroshi Takata <takata@rsi.co.jp>
Ryoka Systems Inc. Japan