Squid Problem

From: Lukman Wiryahadi Kusuma <lukman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 09:38:36 +0800

Dear All,

After running Squid for several weeks, my system suddenly crashes
several times a day except I turn off the SQUID. I am using SQUID 2.2
Stable 3 and kernel version 2.0.35.
1. Is it because I use only 256 for OPEN_MAX in limits.h? The system
doesn't respond at all afterward..should it be like that if 256?
2. If I change it, do I have to recompile the kernel and then recompile
the SQUID?
3. Do I need to upgrade into 2.2.x kernel?

Please advice me, because our office now already uses Private IP and
can't go out since the SQUID down..this is really urgent for me..

Thanks

Lukman