Re: Swap.state file and DIRTY cache Dir

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 08:37:44 +0200

Paul M. Oster wrote:

> squid -F might do what you want, I'd have to delve deeper into the docs
> (in other words, you should do it first), but I think that makes squid
> walk through the cache dirs and re-build the index...

No. It will only cause Squid to not accept requests while rebuilding the

If the content of the cache index files (swap.state) has been lost then
you have to remove them while Squid is not running to get them rebuilt
on the next Squid startup. Be warned that doing a complete rebuild of
the cache index files is a lengthy process.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker