Re: Cant apply patch

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 15:53:49 +0800

> Hi all,
>
> I have squid2 stable3 running on hpux 10.20 and it seems that I could not
> apply patches on it. ie: tools.c.patch, error_state-leak.patch and so on.
>
> The error is "hmmmm....I seem cant find any patches in there"

OK, most of the patches that are on the bugs page work by going into the
'src' directory and doing patch < patch-file (as opposed to patches in general
you go into the top directory inside the distribution and do a
patch -p1 < patch-file). Hopefully you know that but just warning in case
you don't :-)

The error you're reporting is due to another problem - that your
'patch' program doesn't recognize the patch format. The easiest solution is
to install GNU patch from your nearest GNU archive. A more complex solution
is to carefully read the manual page for patch then edit the patch file to
match the way your operating system's patch program expects to find patch
files - but simply installing GNU patch is by far easier :-)

David.