Re: Disabling Direct Internet Connection

From: Alan Shackelford <ashackelford@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 17:24:15 -0400

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> How do I prevent my users from editing or choosing 'Direct Connection'
> from the Advanced, Proxies configuration on Netscape Navigator's
> Preferences. Is there a way of disabling it?
>
> I would like my users to use only the proxy, that is, only use the
> Manual Proxy Configuration.
>
> Thanks,
> Joel

This is probably not what you had in mind, but it works particularly
well here. We have closed the firewall to all IP addresses except that
of the proxy server. That more or less made it final.

One net to rule them all, one net to find them,
One net to bring them all and using Unix bind them.
-------------ashackelford@aegonusa.com-------------