Re: Last resort for dead parent

From: Niall Young <niall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 13:00:39 +0800 (WST)

> Q wrote:
>
> > I haven't yet been able to find a way to setup squid to fetch EVERYTHING
> > from it's parents unless all of them have gone away, then and only then
> > go direct.
>
> There needs to be a facility to allow squid to have a last resort option.
> If all parents are gone then enable it to at least try going direct.

Was this ever resolved? I'm running 2.1.PATCH2 with:

cache_peer parent.cache.domain parent 80 3130 no-query default

dead_peer_timeout depends on ICP replies to mark a parent cache as dead
right? What happens if we're not using ICP at all - we'll never mark
this single parent as dead so if it goes down we're screwed. Is there
any way around this?

Niall.