RE: multiple squid with load balance

From: Jan Torreele <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:15:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> IMO, the biggest drawback of L4 switches at the moment is that they do
> not work well, especially under high loads. We are seeing bizarre L4
> bugs, misfeatures, and poor performance when benchmarking caches with
> various L4 solutions.

Alex,

can you provide some more information about these bizarre behaviours/poor
performances you're seeing with L4 switches (webpage maybe?)

Also, what kind of loads are you talking about? 10Mbit/s? 100Mbit/s?

Thanks in advance,

Jan.

--
Jan.Torreele@belnet.be, BELNET, the Belgian National Research Network