Proxy auth question

From: DI Peter Burgstaller <peter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:35:24 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello all,

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I've tried a couple of things and
didn't get a workable solution:

I've a setup where I use squid behind a firewall to collect all local
traffic and then gate all this through another proxy. The other proxy
(from our provider) uses an authentication system which works fine as long
as we dont try to access secure http sites. I specified on my squid side
to use login and password for the provider proxy. Whenever someone trys
to access a https site, the user is confronted with again a login and
password combination which turns out to be the same one as the regular
login and password.

My question here is now, can I catch that login request at my squid side
so I don't have to inform 200 users about yet another login/password
combination?

Please respond via email.
- Thank you for your time,
-- Cheers, Peter

| Dipl.-Ing. Peter Burgstaller |
| Technical Assistant and System Administrator |
| @ all information network & services gmbh |
| email: peter@ains.at |