Re: transparent SSL proxy? is it possible?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:02:46 +0200

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> I wonder if transparent proxying may work on SSL connections.

Yes, but not with Squid.

Any generic transparent TCP proxy will do it fine, as is done in
numerous firewalls out there.

The only known useful (to me) uses of transparent proxying of SSL are:
* Access control ouside router ACL lists
* Transparent proxy based firewall or NAT device.

Very few other uses of transparent proxying SSL connections makes sense.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker