what if parent cache dies?

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:56:57 +0300

Hello,

I want to setup my squid to fetch objects from another cache.
I have setup the squid to have the other cache as a parent cache.
but squid never fetches objects from it. (well that is documented in FAQ
11.15)
so I should set inside_firewall option (which is replaced by
never_direct command)
but what if the parent cache dies? then the squid is able to fetch
objects directly?
or how can I set it up so that it will fetch objects directly if
something happens to
parent, my squid will still continue work?

Evren