Re: Help! Please!

From: Marc-Adrian Napoli <marcadrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 11:45:11 +1000

Dancer,

> > We have cache swap log files in our /squid directory.
> >
> > I accidently deleted them today. (Much to the dismay of the boss..)
> >
> > So, i'm guessing that I now have 32 gigs of cache with no reference to
it?
> > Is that correct?
> >
> > Is there anything I can do?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Marc-Adrian Napoli
> > Connect Infobahn Australia
> > +61 2 92811750
> >
> > PS. I have a /squid/swap.log.00.new file that is growing slowly.. that
> > wouldn't happen to be the database rebuilding itself would it?
>
> If you are using squid 2.x then yes, it's rebuilding its index. If you
> were using squid 1.1, the best thing would be to wipe and rebuild your
> cache-directories and start empty.

Thankyou for the clarification.

What I've also noticed now.. is that previously we had 4 8gig drives full of
cache... (Four SCSI mounted drives acting as /cache1, /cache2...) but now,
the 4 gigs have come down to about 32% full.

I'm guessing, that as the index is rebuilding, it somehow decreases the
amount in your cache?

Any ideas?