Re: Obfuscating with % - a new cache hack

From: Marc-Adrian Napoli <marcadrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:51:02 +1000

Hi There,

Does anyone know if there is anyway to be able to browse the contents of my
cache?

The proxy server does have apache on it, serving only the cachemgr.cgi page
at the moment....

Seeing as the cache stores are in a funny format (If i'm looking for say
*.jpg's in my cache, I can't see them, I can only see "000AAA" type files) I
have thought of another way of viewing the files.

If I open up a binary file (Lets say JPG) and grab the first 3/4 characters,
and then write a script to compare this to all the files in the cache, will
I come up with a list of files that are jpg's? Theoretically it sounds okay,
but I'm sure there is another way to do it.

Anyone?

Regards,

Marc-Adrian Napoli
Connect Infobahn Australia