Authorization by acl

From: Chris Hughes <hughesc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:57:40 +0100 (BST)

 Last November I posted asking about if it was possible to do
authorization by acl through proxy authentication, but I don't think
anything really came of it. I've just had a need to try to do the same
thing again (basically recreate the behaviour of Netscape Proxy where you
can allow access to different URLs depending upon the LDAP groups a user
is in), so I had a quick look at the code and knocked up the attached
patch (to squid-2.2.STABLE4).

 It's pretty horrible, but I'm hoping it might stir up the mud of this
topic again so that maybe a direction for this concept can be found.
As a reminder, when I posted last, Henrik made some comments about how
this should be done. His post is at:
http://squid.nlanr.net/Mail-Archive/squid-users/9811/archive/0294.html

ta,

Chris