reverse proxy best solution?

From: Nick Urbanik <nicku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:54:46 +0800

Dear folks,

We have a data server behind our Checkpoint 1 firewall, and a web server
that runs many applications that access this data. The data is
sensitive, and is encrypted.

We want to publish this on the Internet. What is the best way to set
things up? Should we use squid as a reverse proxy in the DMZ to access
the web server on the inside network? Or should we use http-gw from TIS
as a reverse proxy? Or should we run the web server in the DMZ? It
seems this exposes our data server to some risks. I've grepped all
Squid's documentation for "reverse" and came up with nothing helpful.

Any pointers to any ideas would be most appreciated.

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Electrical & Communications Engineering
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)