Re: Disable realaudio

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <M.C.Crockett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 05:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Jonathan Hall wrote:

JH} Squid has nothing to do with realaudio.
JH}
JH} You might set up a firewall to disable access to whichever port(s)
JH} realaudio uses, though.

The current version of RealAudio, RealViewer, etc. is quite capable of
using Squid as a proxy. It may be an artifact of where the Squid proxy is
located in my network but I seem to get better, more reliable audio and
video by configuring RealPlayer to use the Squid proxy instead of going
direct.

                             Merton Campbell Crockett
| Manager, Network Operations & Services | Senior Network/Security Engineer |
| GTE Government Systems Corporation | Naval Surface Warfare Center |
| Electronic Systems Division | Port Hueneme Division |
| Intelligence Systems Organization | IT/TIS Program |
| Thousand Oaks, CA | Port Hueneme, CA |