SQUID DENIES EVERYONE

From: Clement <clement@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 00:17:01 +1000

This is a strange situation.

I am preparing a new squid box with the followings:

RH6.0, Linux Kernel 2.2.10, Squid 2.2.stable4

First I set up the new box with IP address x.x.x.20. After confirming
that it works, I shutdown my production squid and run linuxconf to
change the IP address of the new box to that of my production squid
x.x.x.9. This new squid suddenly denies all accesses. This persists
even after I reboot the box several times. And even after I renumber
it back to x.x.x.20!

Before I quit, I reconfigure it to allow access to all. This is an
extract from cache manager's General Runtime Information:

http_access Allow all
icp_access Allow all
miss_access Allow all
proxy_auth_realm Squid proxy-caching web server
ident_lookup_access Deny all
cache_mgr webmaster
cache_effective_user squid
cache_effective_group squid

The http_access, icp_access and miss_access lines are the only "Allow"
lines in the entire configuration list. The "Deny" lines are listed
below:

no_cache Deny QUERY
ident_lookup_access Deny all
uri_whitespace deny

As you may expect, the squid is still denying access to everyone. Do
you have a clue?

Regards

Clement