Re: reverse proxy best solution?

From: Nick Urbanik <nicku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:43:16 +0800

Richard Stagg wrote:

> Nick,
>
> My usual solution to this is indeed to use Squid on a DMZ as an
> accelerator (reverse proxy) with the web server tucked safely inside the
> firewall.

So how do I set Squid up to do this? Sorry, but I've never used Squid
before, and as I mentioned, grepping all Squid's documentation gave me no
clue.

> HTTP-gw is okay too, but is just a reverse proxy and lacks the accelerator
> functions of Squid.
>
> I've grepped all
> > Squid's documentation for "reverse" and came up with nothing helpful.
> >
> > Any pointers to any ideas would be most appreciated.

For example, any web sites or names of specific documents would be very
helpful.

Note that we already have a proxy for internal users to use the Internet; our
aim here is to provide external access to our own web server in a secure way.

--
Nick Urbanik, Dept. of Electrical & Communications Engineering
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi)