refresh policy by client

From: Brian Beuning <bbeuning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 22:06:53 -0400

I would like to be able to configure squid so it uses different
refresh pattern rules for different clients. When the client is
wget, I would like it to follow normal "legal" refresh policies.
But for other clients (like netscape/mozilla), I would like the
refresh policy to have squid very rarely do a refresh check on
objects. Being able to say offline_mode by client would almost
work, except a client "refresh" should force a squid refresh and a
cache miss should fetch the object.

Does squid support this now? If not, do other people think it
sounds useful?

Brian Beuning