Re: A really bad bug report ...

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 00:05:18 -0600

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> (BTW: I was having the problem as of 20:50 on 1999/07/26 -- there were no log
> entried between 18:15 and the shutdown messages at 20:54.)
>
> Is there anything I can/should do for future bug tracking on this? I hate
> sending these very vague/skimpy bug reports, but I can't seem to find any
> useful information anywhere.

Probably the best thing you can do is enable full debugging on Squid
and then make the request with your browser, or you can use the
'client' program that comes with Squid.

If the request hangs in your browser, then look at Squid's "cache.log"
and search for some part of the URL that you requested. With a little
patience you should be able to figure out if Squid is waiting for a DNS
lookup, sent the request to the origin server, to a neighbor cache, or
whatever.

Also have a look at numbers 19 and 20 in
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-11.html

Duane W.