Re: Running out of IO threads

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:59:16 +0200

See http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/

> also have modified main.c to not limit the max_fd's to fd_setsize when
> using poll, but to use the ulimit value- maybe there is a select still
> hanging around somewhre???

There are parts of the code which is dependant on FD_SETSIZE even when
poll() is used, so you need to change your include files
(/usr/include/bits/types.h) to use more than 1024 filedescriptors. If
you override it in main.c then you will probably see odd segfaults on
high loads or other strange errors.

There also seems to be some problems with the default "hacked" way Squid
uses condition variables when running on Linux. After enabling
USE_PROPER_MUTEX in src/aiops.c it has been running rock solid.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker