squid SWAPOUT but wont SWAPIN

From: AydinAda <aydinada@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:58:23 +1000

newbie to squid but like it, i have installed squid on a friends =
computer for a small isp. the computer is on a "private" LAN, they are =
using NAT to save IP address and money! squid came with red hat 6, it is =
version 2.2.STABLE? . The network is 192.168.something and I believe =
this network address is for special use like private networks not =
accessed from the Internet directly. IE running on an NT machine =
couldn't use the proxy despite all my attempts, always got the pages =
directly. I have checked the log files and there was no SWAPIN at all, =
although I tried clicking same links on different computers on the LAN, =
clearing the local cache on the computers, even rebooting!

any ideas what so ever as what could be the reason?

many thanx.
aydin@rivernet.com.au