Squid Dosn't Cache, Please HELP ME!!!

From: steven hasani <itel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri Jul 30 03:31:42 1999

My name is steven and I am running a small ISP in Australia.
Today I have installed squid running on Linux RedHat and one of my friend
who has installed squid before helped me too.But we cannot get squid working
when we run squid in debug mode it dos SWAPOUT but it dosn't SWAPIN and keep
giving RELEASE AND DIRECT Connection. I have a network which working with
SISCO 1603 and we done NAT on that router. Dos it mean we have firewall?
also I am not running my DNS & WEB server in my location and someone else
hosting it for me, I don't know how to handle DNS issue in Squid? anyway I
have tried all the possible ways to make it working but squid dosnot do any
caching. I am so desperate and running on very slow connection and keep
loosing customers. If you can help me with any advise it would be very
helpfull and basicaly you saving my business.

Thank you very much for your help
Steven HASANI
ITEL TECHNOLOGY

This email server is running an evaluation copy of the MailShield anti-
spam software. Please contact your email administrator if you have any
questions about this message. MailShield product info: www.mailshield.com