trouble proxying realaudio through a busy squid 2.2?

From: Joe Ramey <ramey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 17:28:50 -0500 (CDT)

I don't have a lot of data to support this yet, but it seems we are
having a problem proxying realaudio through a busy squid 2.2.

We recently upgraded our squid servers from version 1.1.22 to version
2.2.STABLE4 (both running on Solaris 2.5.1). Everything seems to be
going fine, except that realaudio proxying is having trouble. It
sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, typically starting up for a few
seconds then complaining about congestion and stopping.

Now what's strange is that if we go through our test server, also
running 2.2.STABLE4 but very lightly loaded, it seems to work fine.
The problem only seems to occur on our servers which are more heavily
loaded (2000 or so requests per minute). And another data point: I
switched one of our proxies back from 2.2.STABLE4 to 1.1.22 and
realaudio proxying started working reliably again.

I'm trying to dig into this to see if I can come up with any more
clues. Anyone else see behavior like this?

Joe