Re: reconfigure when reducing cache size ?

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 11:36:05 -0600

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Charles Bruneteau wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an urgent problem of inodes ("No space left on device") on a
> cache filesystem. As this is a server i can't stop too much now, i was
> thinking of reducing the size in the cache_dir tag. will i need to
> rebuild the cache, to restart squid or to reconfigure it ?

You can reduce the cache size in squid.conf, then reconfigure.

Squid will start removing objects, but it may take a while
before it gets down to the level that you specified. And
you'll probably have lots of warnings in cache.log about
being over the disk space limit. But you can ignore those.

Duane W.