Re: some page are not refreshing???

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:52:18 -1000 (HST)

Raul Carmenate Moreno writes:
> Hello
>
> > > 1. Which header line give you this info
> >
> > Expires: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 16:06:06 GMT
> >
> > This says that a cache may consider the page fresh until then.
> >
> I supose that, but do you think that this headers are correct, this page
> have news, content that change often, and I think that 17 Aug is not the
> right expiration date, it will change surely before that date.

  They're probably wrong, but that's to take up with the KDE site
maintainers. In this case, they're effectively instructing caches
specifically to retain the page for 2 weeks without contacting them.
  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.