Strange 2.2.STABLE4 behaviour

From: David Hastings <david.hastings@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:36:23 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm running 2.2Stable4 on a Solaris 7 (sparc) system, and for some reason
the size of the Squid process keeps increasing until it is killed by my
checking script.

On one of the restarts today I got this error in cache.log:

StoreSwapOutFileOpened:
Unable to open swapfile: /usr/local/squid/cahe/disk5/00/0B/00000B61

This path doesn't exist - somehow "cache" has been transmuted into "cahe".
I took disk5 out of squid.conf and restarted Squid again, and it was OK
except that the process is still getting bigger.

I am running a second cache with the same configuration, and that is
working quite happily.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

--
David Hastings                       |
Network Applications                 |  "You know you've landed with the