Re: URL could not be retrieved

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 11:36:36 +0200

You have two problems. The first one is that you are using a broken
version of Netscape which has problems handling the "Security proxy"
settings. The workaround to that part of the problem is to write the
proxy name differently than the other proxies (for example all
uppercase, and the other all lowercase).

Second is the "No route to host" error. Possible explanations is if
support.sybase.com is down, or you have a firewall which probit squid
from directly accessing port 443 on that host. Port 443 is the SSL port
used for https connections.

If your Squid is inside a firewall then you either needs to open up
access to port 443, or use the never_direct option in squid.conf
depending on your firwall type and setup.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker