Almost perfect ..

From: Martin Svensson <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 10:56:40 +0200

Hi!

We have our squid-box caching two ways out on the internet. It selects
the ways out depending from which domain you come from.

The are three small annoying things happening quite often that I would
like to get rid of.

1. Sometimes when you try to connect netscape/ie says:
Connecting to our_proxy.mas.lu.se and sometimes it says:
Connected to www.xyz.com, waiting for reply

It can stand there for a very long time (20 sec) before the website
comes, but when it finally comes it goes very fast (most of the sites
are cached I guess).

2. In both ie/netscape when you open a webpage, on the top of the site
alot of html-code shows. It can be html-code of a total other site but
it still is there, if you reload the site it disappears. This doesn't
happen so very often.

3. When you try to connect it gives the error: ERR_CANNOT_FORWARD.
Henrik explained this to me (thanks) that it was before squid could do a
nslookup on the client it can't decide which way out to the internet it
should take. Is there a working solution on this? Like a default before
it works out under which acl the client belongs.

I can mail you our config if you like.
The box is a PII, 400MHz, 256Mb ram, 3.7Gb cache (if we get this working
good, we'll expand that to 10Gb or something).

OS: Linux 2.2.6 (slackware 4.0)

Thanks for your help and time!!!

--
Martin Svensson