Re: Including Other Files in squid.conf

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:04:26 +1000

"Charles P. Wright" wrote:

> Is it possible to include other files in squid.conf? I want to make a generic
> squid.conf, and just have a tiny little local portion (for things like which
> networks can access the cache) that I can easily parse and rewrite.
>
> --
> Charles P. Wright
> cpwright@cpwright.com
> http://w3.cpwright.com/

I do this with a makefile to rebuild my squid.conf.

I broke my config up into a dozen files (one for peering info, one for
caching policy, etc..) then I compile them together with gcc -E -x c++
*.conf > squid.conf

That lets me do #include to grab other files, and to use macros to make
the policy section more readable.