IE5 Proxy Settings and Interaction with Squid 2.2

From: <Ted_Rule@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:26:59 +0100

Amongst the various Internet Settings in NT4 subtree:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

we have found:

"ProxyHttp1.1"=dword:00000000
"EnableHttp1_1"=dword:00000001

which implies - to my mind - that the default behaviour is for IE to use HTTP1.1
 for all non-proxied
connections, and disable it for proxied connections.

Is this actually the preferred behaviour for an IE5 Client , Squid Proxy
combination? If the Squid is
capable of handling persistent connections, shouldn't IE be set to ProxyHttp1.1
 enabled?

I know Persistent Connections are but a subset of HTTP1.1 functionality, and
that Squid itself doesn't
completely support all the various bits of HTTP1.1, so I'm not really sure
whether enabling ProxyHTTP1.1
is going to be bad news.

Anyone out there with experience or suggestions on this matter?

Thanks.

Ted Rule,
Flextech Television

This E-mail message, (including any attachments), is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain confidential information.

If you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission,
disclosure, copying, modification or other use of this E-mail message
or attachments is strictly forbidden.

If you have received this E-mail message in error, please contact the
author and delete the message and any attachments from your computer.

You are also advised that the views and opinions expressed in this E-mail
message and any attachments are the author's own, and may not reflect the
views and opinions of FLEXTECH Television.